Make these individual potato gratins for Thanksgiving dinner or serve them along with any weeknight supper. They go well with steak, roast beef, chicken, or sauteed fish.
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for muffin cups
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 3/4 pound each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly brush 6 standard muffin cups with butter. Thinly slice potatoes.
- Place 2 slices in each cup and season with salt and pepper. Continue adding potatoes, seasoning every few slices, until cups are filled.
- Pour 1 tablespoon heavy cream over each. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and tender when pierced with a knife, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Run a thin knife around each gratin. Place a baking sheet or large plate over pan and invert to release gratins. Flip right side up and serve.
Muffin-Pan Potato Gratins
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps