In this tasty pumpkin hybrid dessert, you get two favorites—cake and flan—in one, topped with creamy dollops of COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1-3/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. water, divided
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed, softened
- 8 eggs, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, divided
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- HEAT oven to 375ºF.
- STIR 1 cup sugar and 2 Tbsp. water in small saucepan; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until completely dissolved and deep brown in color (do not stir sugar while boiling). Immediately pour into 12-cup fluted tube pan sprayed with cooking spray. Blend evaporated milk, cream cheese, 5 eggs, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree and remaining sugar in blender until smooth; set aside.
- BEAT cake mix, remaining water, oil, 1/2 cup of the remaining pumpkin puree, spices and remaining eggs with mixer until blended. Pour over caramel in pan; gently ladle evaporated milk mixture over cake batter. Cover with foil sprayed with cooking spray, sprayed-side down. Place in larger pan. Add enough water to larger pan to come halfway up side of tube pan.
- BAKE 1-1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely. (Do not remove dessert from pan.) Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Loosen dessert from sides of pan; invert onto plate. Remove pan. Combine COOL WHIP with remaining pumpkin. Serve dessert topped with COOL WHIP mixture.
How to Unmold Dessert
Place cake platter over cake pan. Invert cake onto platter. Gently remove cake pan; spoon any remaining caramel left in pan over dessert.
To prevent overflow, check cake pan to confirm it is the required 12-cup size. Just measure 3 qt. (12 cups) water and pour into empty pan to verify the volume before using as directed. If you only have a 10-cup fluted tube pan, reserve 2 cups cake batter before pouring remaining batter into prepared tube pan. Continue as directed. Reserved cake batter will make 9 cupcakes. Bake as directed on cake mix package.
Sweets can be part of a balanced diet but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Pumpkin Flan Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps