"Vary this dessert by using different flavors of ice cream."
Make 1 9-inch round cake
- 1 (18 ounce) package small chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup hot fudge topping
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 12 cherries
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs. Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate. Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on countertop. After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer. Freeze 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer. Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps