Whenever I see a cinnamon recipe I always bookmark it to make because no matter what it is I know I will like it. So when I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it and wasted no time in making it. I have been craving sweets ever since I got back from vacation,, it really hit the spot, the cinnamon filling mixture was fantastic. For being a quick bread it is a little more involved but it once it is done it looks more complicated than it really is.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 heaping tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with non stick spray. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the buttermilk and vanilla in a measuring cup and set aside. Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl cream the butter and white sugar together and then add in the eggs one at a time. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix to combine, then add 1/2 of the buttermilk mixture.
- Repeat this and end with the flour. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan and top with 1/3 of the cinnamon mixture, repeat so that the final layer of cinnamon mixture is the topping on the bread. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
Cinnamon Coffee Cake Bread
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps