Here’s something interesting for you taco lovers..
This recipe for taco stuffed shells consists of ground beef and cream cheese for the filling and is topped with tortilla chips and cheese. Make sure to let the filling mixture have enough time to cool before stuffing the shells or you might have a sloppy mess on your hands.
The traditional pasta sauce is replaced with a combination of salsa and taco sauce… the best part about this is you can make it as hot as you want! Everyone that tried these thought they were great and I thought the flavor was absolutely delicious. The green onions went nicely as a garnish and only adding to the flavor. If you want you can add other things such as black olives, sour cream or whatever you like on tacos on top as well.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 4 once package cream cheese
- 12 large pasta shells
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ cups tortilla chips (crushed)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a fry pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool.
- While burger is cooking cook the pasta shells, drain and toss well with butter.
- Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Stuff each shell with the meat mixture.
- Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on top.
- Cook for about 15 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, black olives or whatever you think goes good with tacos!
Taco Stuffed Shells
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps