- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces cottage cheese or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15 lasagna noodles
- Brown ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic.
- Add salt and next 5 ingredients; stirring until well mixed.
- Simmer 1 hour.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375F for 30 to 40 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.
Absolute Best Ever Lasagna
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps