"Chocolate and almonds top off a rich buttery toffee. A simple recipe that you could easily remember and whip up any time. I always get compliments and requests for more. Use any type of nut that you like in place of the almonds."
Make 2 pounds.
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the butter is melted. Allow to come to a boil, and cook until the mixture becomes a dark amber color, and the temperature has reached 285 degrees F (137 degrees C). Stir occasionally.
- While the toffee is cooking, cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- As soon as the toffee reaches the proper temperature, pour it out onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the chocolate over the top, and let it set for a minute or two to soften. Spread the chocolate into a thin even layer once it is melted. Sprinkle the nuts over the chocolate, and press in slightly. Putting a plastic bag over your hand will minimize the mess.
- Place the toffee in the refrigerator to chill until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
Best Toffee Ever - Super Easy
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps