"One really delicious and really unhealthy Sunday coffee cake. I have no idea where I got this recipe from. The bake time is a bit longer if you're using frozen berries."
Make 1 (9 inch) Bundt cake.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 5/8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan. In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the batter in the pan. Spoon remaining batter over the top, and then sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture over. Use a knife or thin spatula to swirl the sugar layer into the cake.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted into the crown of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan over a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate, and tap firmly to remove from the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps