"I love sugar cookies that are crisp on the outside and very chewy on the inside. This recipe can easily be made into snickerdoodle cookies by rolling the dough in cinnamon-sugar before baking. I also sometimes add almond extract for a different flavor."
Make 30 cookies.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients until just blended. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and roll the balls in remaining 1/4 cup of sugar. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Chewy Sugar Cookies
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps