- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 1/2 cups cooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute onions in butter until onions are tender.
- Add in soup and 1 ½ cups cheese; gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until cheese melts; stir in chicken and macaroni; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 2 ½ quart casserole; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with remaining ½ cup cheese and bake 5 minutes.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps