- 1 lb spaghettini (get the thinnest spaghetti you can find)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil (some reviewers have said that 1/2 cup of oil is too much and have halved the amount, so use your own)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds (or more)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon dried)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- sesame oil, for sauteing
- First make the sesame noodles: Cook the spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain (I also rinse).
- In a jar, add the soy sauce, sesame oil and the sugar.
- Shake until well blended and the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour this over the pasta.
- Toss with scallions and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Set aside while you marinate and then cook the chicken.
- Funkying the chicken: In a bowl mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, brown sugar and the ginger.
- Make sure the sugar has pretty much dissolved.
- Add the chicken, making sure it's all coated with the sauce.
- Cover and stick in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, and toss out the marinade left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the chicken in batches and saute for about 10 minutes, or until done, adding more sesame oil as needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Slice the chicken diagonally into thin strips.
- Serve the chicken over the sesame noodles.
- Stand back and watch your guests/children/loved ones inhale this dish.
Funky Chicken With Sesame Noodles
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps