- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (may substitute whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- cornmeal, for sprinkling
- Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top.
- Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add flour, salt, olive oil.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
- Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
- Divide dough in half.
- Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
- Try to make it thicker around the edge.
- If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
- Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
- Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
- If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
- Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.
Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps