This is a little bit of a cheat coffee cake. It has all the bells and whistles of a coffee cake, but it’s made with a boxed cake mix and has more of an gooey butter cake feel. It’s less traditional coffee cake, but still totally and ridiculously awesome. The addition of the pumpkin puree really takes it over the top for me. I would highly recommend making this if you need a dessert in a hurry. It comes together very quickly and what’s even better is that you don’t even need the mixer, just a fork and a wooden spoon.
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix (18 Ounce Box)
- ⅓ cups Water
- 1 can Pureed Pumpkin (15 Oz)
- ½ cups Flour
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Brown Sugar, Divided
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mix together the water, pumpkin, eggs, 1 Tablespoon of vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the cake mix and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Grease a 9×13 pan with butter and pour batter into pan.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour and melted butter. Use your fingers to sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- For the glaze, combine the other 1/2 cup brown sugar, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and heavy cream in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When cake is finished baking, poke holes in the top with a toothpick.
- Pour glaze over the cake, making sure to cover all surfaces.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps