- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 flour tortillas, softened (8 inches each)
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack cheese or 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps