- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (start off with just a little and work your way up)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles; drain and keep warm.
- Pour sesame oil in pan and heat till hot. Saute onion and next 4 ingredients hot sesame oil until tender.
- Combine cornstarch and beef broth, whisking until smooth.
- Stir broth mixture, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce into onion mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in ground beef.
- Toss with hot cooked pasta, and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Szechuan Noodles With Spicy Beef Sauce
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps