This moist three-layer cake will shine at even the most elegant parties. It's frosted with a mixture of cream cheese and white chocolate..
- 1 1/3 cups half-and-half or light cream
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sifted cake flour or 2-1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 recipe Unforgettable White Chocolate Frosting (see recipe below)
White Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, cut into pieces
- 1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 18 ounces chopped white chocolate baking squares or bars
- Grease and lightly flour three 8x1-1/2-inch or 9x1-1/2-inch round baking pans. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add 1 cup sugar and the vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add the flour mixture alternately with half-and-half to creamed mixture, beating on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined.
- Clean beaters. In another large bowl, beat egg whites on medium to high speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add 1 cup sugar and beat on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold the egg whites, about 1/4 at a time, into creamed mixture. (If necessary, transfer mixture into a larger bowl.)
- Divide mixture into prepared pans. Bake in a 350 degree F oven about 30 minutes for 8-inch rounds and about 25 minutes for 9-inch rounds or until a toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean*. Cool layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove the layers from the pans and completely cool on wire racks.
- Frost with Unforgettable White Chocolate Frosting. Cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 16 servings.
Unforgettable White Chocolate Frosting:
In a heavy saucepan, melt white chocolate over low heat. Cool until slightly warm. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add butter pieces to cream cheese; beat until fluffy. Gradually add cooled chocolate, beating until well blended.
White Christmas Butter Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps