I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. This tasted like an oatmeal cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Spread on prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Immediately spoon into a bowl.
- Top with warm milk, fresh fruit or brown sugar if desired.
Amish Baked Oatmeal
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps