I made this for breakfast this morning for my friends and roommates and it was absolutely delicious!
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of bacon
- 6 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly butter the molds of the muffin pan.
- Trim the crust and the corners off the bread, making wonky looking circles.
- Using your fingers gently flatten the bread and shape into the muffin molds, set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay the bacon strips on it.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- You want them just slightly cooked and still pliable.
- While the bacon is cooling bake the toast cups in the oven for 5 minutes, just enough to lightly toast the cups.
- Shape the cooled bacon into the toast cups, with the meaty side out.
- Crack an egg into each cup. (I take out some of the white so not to overflow the cups, but that is up to you.)
- Lower the temperature of the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Bake the egg cup in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until the egg whites have set and the yolks are creamy.
- Run a knife along the edges and use a small spoon to pop them out.
Bacon & Eggs in Toast Cups
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps