These pancakes were lovely! To those who were having issues, I do have a few suggestions. I used half whole wheat and half white regular flour, not pastry, which will make the batter somewhat tougher.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Measure out the milk and add the vanilla extract to it.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add in milk and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- The mixture will still be dry. Add in mashed bananas and mix.
- Add in melted butter and stir until batter is somewhat smooth.
- Heat a skillet or grilled on medium heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, spoon batter into rounds and cook until bubbles form on top – about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip and cook for a minute or two more.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with butter and syrup
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps