I will definitely have to try these! My hubby would totally love them!
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (Frank's brand is what I used)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup warm milk ( I used 2%)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- In a 1 cup measuring cup, heat the milk and then add the 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Stir into warm milk until dissolved.
- Place in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
- Add 2 1/2 cups flour and yeast to the stand mixer and mix on low speed until a soft dough forms, adding up to 1/2 cup additional flour, a little at a time, if necessary.
- Allow the dough to knead in the stand mixer for 5-7 minutes.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead a few times to form a smooth ball.
- Place dough into a clean bowl that's been lightly oiled.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a draft-free place at warm room temperature until doubled and bubbles appear on surface, about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 4 equal pieces.
- Lightly dust your hands with flour, then gently roll and stretch 1 piece of dough to form a 12-inch-long rope.
- Flatten dough and arrange so a long side is nearest you, then roll out to a roughly 12- by 4-inch rectangle with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Gently press one fourth of buffalo chicken mixture into lower third of rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border along bottom edge.
- Stretch bottom edge of dough up over filling and press tightly to seal, then roll up as tightly as possible to form a rope.
- Cut rope into 12 pieces and transfer to a sheet pan.
- Make 3 more ropes with remaining dough, filling and cut into pieces, transferring to sheet pans. Let rest at room temperature, uncovered, 30 minutes (dough will rise slightly).
- Bake buffalo chicken bites in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven (some cheese may have melted out.) and brush tops with melted butter before serving (optional).
Buffalo Chicken Bites
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps