I’m always looking for new pasta recipes and this one looks delicious. It might just be by next Monday night dinner.
- 1 pound whole wheat pasta (noodles such as penne work best)
- 1 cup of your favorite pasta/tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese + more for garnish
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into cubes
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes (I cut some in half and left some whole)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat tomato sauce over low heat in a large saucepan. Once warm, stir in heavy cream and grated parmesan.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain and dump into the sauce, mixing to coat and turning off heat.
- Fold in mozzarella cubes and tomatoes, then chop 3-4 fresh basil leaves and add them in too.
- Once combined, spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the entire pasta mixture into the dish. Top with fresh mozzarella rounds. Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Top with additional fresh basil and grated cheese. Serve with garlic bread.
- You can also add in chicken, steak or seafood for some protein.
Caprese Creamy Pasta
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps