I have a sensitive stomach, so I skipped the pepper and substituted 1 teaspoon of onion powder for the scallion. Delicious and went over well at the party.
- 8 Ounce of cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 Teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/3 Cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoon freshly grated Romano cheese
- 2 Tablespoon very finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onion (scallion) white and green finely chopped
- 1 Cup of wilted fresh baby spinach, squeezed dry and chopped (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 Cup grated medium Cheddar cheese
- a pinch of cayenne and paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic powder, parmesan, romano, cayenne and paprika with hand or stand mixer on medium until softened and well mixed.
- Add the red peppers and the scallions and mix on med-low until just incorporated.
- Add spinach and mix on low until just incorporated.
- Transfer mixture to a small ovenproof dish and top with cheddar.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes or until bubbling around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 5 - 7 minutes before serving. Serve with fried or baked pita wedges and tortilla chips (nachos).
Cheese Spinach Dip
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps