- ⅓ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1½ tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14¾ ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce - I recommend going with an authentic Mexican brand
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¾ cup shredded white cheese (I used Raclette - random, I know, but it's what I had on hand, and it ended up being delicious!)
- cilantro and crumbled Cotija cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (milk through green chiles), using just ½ tablespoon of the taco seasoning, in a large bowl, stirring just until moist.
- Pour mixture into a round pie plate (mine was glass) coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes. While corn is baking, toss the chicken in the remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning.
- When corn is done - it will be just barely set and golden brown - pierce entire surface liberally with a fork (it might stick a little bit to the fork).
- Pour enchilada sauce over top.
- Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces; top each serving with cilantro and Cotija cheese.
Chicken Tamale Pie
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps