I love chicken teriyaki and this was delish! I didn't have sake or rice wine on hand so I subbed some rice vinegar and white cooking wine and it was still great.
- 2 tablespoons sake
- ¼ cup mirin (sweet Japanese Rice wine)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 spring onions, white part only, sliced
- splash of sesame oil
- 800g (1¾ pounds) chicken thigh fillets (no skin or bones), cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tablespoon neutral vegetable oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the chicken pieces, mix together the sake, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, spring onions and sesame oil.
- Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat each one of them in the sauce. Leave for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large, shallow frying pan (with a lid) and, using a perforated spoon, transfer the chicken pieces to the pan and sauté until they look cooked on the outside.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, bring to a boil, then cover and turn down the heat, cooking for 5-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce is thick.
- Stir in with freshly ground black pepper and the parsley.
- Serve immediately with rice.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps