Really love this bread! Its got a crispy top and its very very soft in the middle. It might be hard for some to get good slices for sandwiches because of how soft it is, but the first two slice of my loaf were perfect for a sandwich.
- 1 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water (70-80 F)
- 1 large egg
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (for dinner rolls only) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shortening (for dinner rolls only) (optional)
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients from flour through yeast in order as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select the basic bread setting.
- Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, if needed add 1-2T of water or flour.
- Bake as normal.
- For dinner rolls.
- Mix in bread machine but use only the dough option.
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking pan (I always use a metal pan).
- When dough is finished shape into 15 uniformly sized balls. I always grease my hands with shortening to smooth the dough out and it helps keep the dough from drying out.
- Cover and let the rolls rise in a warm, draft free place until risen to the desired size.
- I let them about double in size.
- Bake in a 350° oven about 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- Take out of pan and let completely cool before storing.
Country White Bread or Dinner Rolls
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps