I love the twist on Quesadilla and making them Mediterranean. It’s great when you make something quick and easy and it still be equally satisfying as a time consuming meal.
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Fresh spinach (about 2 cups)
- One red onion
- Jarred red peppers or sundried tomatoes
- Black olives
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (a handful or so per serving)
- Feta cheese (a few tablespoons per serving)
- Oregano (dried or fresh)
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Chiffonade the spinach. Thinly slice the red onion, red peppers, and black olives.
- On a plate, place a tortilla. Sprinkle with your desired quantities of spinach, red onion, red pepper, black olives, mozzarella, feta, oregano, and red pepper flakes (if using). Be careful not to overload.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. Place the loaded tortilla on the griddle and place another tortilla on top. Cook until browned on the bottom, then flip and cook until browned on the other side (a few minutes per side).
- Remove the tortilla and cut into wedges with a pizza cutter.
- If making several quesadillas at once, you can keep them warm in a 300°F oven.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps