I’ll have to try this with my husband, we like anything breaded and fried! My favorite panko thing is to mix it with sliced fresh okra and diced bacon that I’m oven-roasting just towards the end of the cooking time
- 4-6 chicken breasts (enough for your family)
- olive oil
- panko flakes – enough for breading
- 1 1/2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano – grated
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Trim chicken breasts of any excess fat. Cover chicken with a piece of plastic wrap.
- Pound them out with a mallet until they're about 1/4" thick.
- In a large deep sided pan (I used my chicken fryer) over medium-high heat, put enough olive oil to pan fry your chicken breasts.
- WHILE oil is heating, place panko flakes into a pie dish (or another dish large enough to bread your chicken).
- Add Parmigiano, basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together with a fork.
- Press chicken breasts into Panko mixture, breading chicken on both sides.
- Continue until all chicken is breaded.
- Place breaded chicken breasts into hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides.
- Turning as necessary. Careful not to crowd the pan (do batches if necessary) Roughly 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of chicken. Allow chicken breasts to rest before serving.
Parmigiano Panko Chicken Breasts
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps