Bravo,this is a wonderful recipie...I took a hint from a Gourmet magazine recipie and added grated rind of a lemon.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x12 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine shredded carrots, coconut, walnuts, pineapple and raisins.
- Using a large wooden spoon or a very heavy whisk, add carrot mixture to batter and fold in well.
- Pour into prepared 8x12 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Check with toothpick.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Sam's Famous Carrot Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps