- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 (12 oz.) container of sour cream (I use reduced-fat)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix until combined.
- Then pour half of the batter into a greased 9"x13" baking pan, and sprinkle with half of the topping. Add the remainder of the batter on top, and sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps