Yummmmy! I think next time I am going to double the batch and make it in a trifle bowl and layer the shortcake then strawberries and so on. A great summer dessert.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (or more if you like)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping
- 1 (14 ounce) angel food cake, cut into cubes (I buy the cake already made)
- Wash, stem, and cut strawberries in half.
- Add sugar; toss to mix well.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar well.
- Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes.
- Spread cake into an ungreased 13x9 dish.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Cut cake into squares; top with strawberries.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps