Ohhhhhhhh yum! Chicken, puff pastry AND cream cheese? You gotta be kidding me…these look incredible!
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 frozen puff pastry sheets
- 4 oz cream cheese (the firm kind)
- few rashes of bacon
- flat-leaf parsley
- 1 spring onion
- 1 large egg
- This is what we call ontbijtspek here. It’s kinda like bacon, only much salter. They come in small portions. I’ve cooked four thin slices and drained them on a paper towel.
- I’m not using too much, but feel free to add as much bacon as you like.
- I’ve also chopped a spring onion with my cute orange baby Santoku.
- And I’ve finely chopped a small handful of flat-leaf parsley.
- Gotta love the stuff.
- You can use any herb you like, though.
- Add the spring onions, parsley, crumbled up bacon and a good pinch of pepper to 4 oz firm cream cheese; I’ve opted for low-fat cream cheese.
- Mix it all up.
- Adding a little garlic, chili pepper and/or grated cheese also tastes great!
- Make a fairly deep cut in each chicken fillet. And spread 1/4 of the cream mixture in there.
- My puff pastry sheets were fairly small, so I’ve used two for each chicken fillet.
- I kinda stuck them together, and flattened them a little with my dough pin.
- Until I ended up with puff pastry looking like this.
- Place the chicken on top of the puff pastry, with the cream cheese side down.
- Season the chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Beat a large egg, and brush a little on the edges of the puff pastry.
- Just fold them until you end up with small packages.
- The egg will function as a glue. Lightly brush the top of the puff pastry with the egg as well.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps