This is by far THE BEST cake recipe I have ever had the privilege of trying and eating!!!! All I can say is PHENOMENAL! It is so moist - you won't believe it! I have used this recipe with white cake mix, yellow cake mix and chocolate cake mix! They have all turned out perfectly!
- 2 (18 ounce) boxes white cake mix (Betty Crocker or Pillsbury)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 large egg whites
- Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
- Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
- Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done.
- Baking time varies according to the size and depth of pans being used.
- I used Wilton's Bake Even Strips on my cake pans to ensure a level-topped cake which required absolutely no trimming-- I highly recommend these, or good quality professional baking pans.
- In 2" deep pans, this recipe makes:.
- One 14" round and one 6" round.
- or One 16" round.
- or One 12" round and one 10" round.
- or One 12 X 18" sheet cake.
- or One 12" round and one 8" round and one 6" round.
- or Two 9" squares.
- or 5 dozen cupcakes.
- Half the recipe makes:.
- Two 7" rounds.
- or Two 6" rounds and 6 cupcakes.
- For chocolate cake: use chocolate mixes and substitute 6 whole eggs for the egg whites.
- For liqueur flavors: substitute alcohol (such as champagne or Kahlua) for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe.
- For berry flavors: use frozen berries, thaw reserving the juice. Substitute the berry juice for part of the water in the recipe, and stir the berries in at the end.
- For lemon cake: substitute lemon juice for about 1 cup of the water in the recipe, use 6 whole eggs instead of the whites, stir in 1 Tblsp lemon zest, and use 1 tsp of a good lemon extract in place of the almond.
- For white chocolate: melt 8oz white baking chocolate & cool slightly. use 6 whole eggs in the recipe instead of the whites, temper the chocolate by stirring in a small amount of the batter, then add the white chocolate to the entire batter and stir well. Doesn't bake up quite as high as the original, so add a pinch more batter to the pans.
White Almond Sour Cream Wedding Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps