This is an easy tasty vegetable casserole. Thinking about adding different vegetables when I bake this again.
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflower florets, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut up any large broccoli or cauliflower florets into bite-size pieces.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add milk; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Add vegetables; toss gently to coat.
- Spoon into 2-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle top evenly with crumb mixture.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through and top is lightly browned.
Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps