I guess I can still keep my promise of healthy and delicious meals on the table for the year…This recipe just made my day. Ready to start cooking
- 30 jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to instructions on box
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, spread out evenly a cup of the marinara sauce.
- Stuff each shell with a heaping tablespoon of the cheese and spinach mixture and place in the baking dish over the sauce.
- Top each shell with a tablespoon of the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly over each shell.
- Bake for 20 minutes, after which change the heat to broil and bake for an additional 2 to 5 minutes so that the cheese browns a bit.
- Remove from oven and top with the Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Shells
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps