I made this cake for my dad's birthday and I must say it was perfect for the occasion. Everyone absolutely enjoyed it.
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped pecan
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate baking squares
- 1 cup butter, softene
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 7 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 Chocolate Glaze
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, sliced strawberries
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans evenly over the bottom of each of 2 greased and floured 9-inch springform pans.
- Microwave chocolate squares in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 1/2 minutes, stirring at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth.
- Beat butter and 2 cups sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating just until blended.
- Add flour, beating at low speed just until blended.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla and chocolate morsels.
- Divide batter evenly between pans, spreading over chopped pecans.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add 1 3/4 cups sugar, beating until blended.
- Add 7 eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. Divide cream cheese mixture evenly between each pan, spreading over brownie batter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until set. Remove from oven; cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread top of each cooled cheesecake with 1 recipe Chocolate Glaze; cover and chill 8 hours. Remove sides of pans before serving.
- Garnish, if desired.
Chocolate Fudge Cheesecake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps