This recipe rocks! I currently live near Italy and i get there every second week, this one is far too close to best ones there.
- 8 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese
- 8-10 ladyfingers (Italian savoiardi cookies)
- 2 small egg yolks (or 1 extra large)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 double shot or 2 ounces espresso or extra strong coffee, cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy or dark rum
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- chocolate shavings for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sugar and half of the brandy. Whip fast to thicken.
- Then, spoon by spoon fold in mascarpone.
- Mixture should be a little softer than the consistency of mayonnaise.
- If mixture isn’t thick enough and comes out runny, use a hand blender with whipping blades to thicken.
- On a small plate, mix espresso plus the rest of brandy.
- Quickly dip each side of the ladyfingers (do not completely soak), then add a layer to the bottom of your serving dish.
- Top with about 1/3 of mascarpone mixture, then repeat and top with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover and rest in fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle cocoa and chocolate shavings on top before serving.
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps