What a great recipe.....it has all of the components of a " gotta keep this in my recipe files" recipe! Makes a large amount of squares so great make-ahead for a large gathering. I would suggest cutting small squares....and use a hot knife!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups Imperial Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in nuts if desired. Spread in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 2-3 minutes longer or until melted. Place pan on a wire rack. Using a knife dipped in water, spread marshmallows evenly over the top. Cool completely.
- For topping, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter in a small saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended.
- Remove from the heat; stir in Rice Krispies. Spread over bars immediately.
- Chill until set.
Deluxe Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps