What a fabulous dessert! Love this idea. It sounds so yummy!
- 1 batch of your favorite brownie batter (I've made it no secret that mine is the Ghirardelli Double Chocolate boxed mix)
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- ½ cup eggs (for me that was about 1½ eggs)
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Prepare the brownie batter.
- Pour the batter into tart pans, making just a thin layer (about 1 inch) of batter.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how gooey you want the crust. When completely cool, if they puffed up a little bit you can press them down with your hands to make more room for the filling.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the melted and cooled chocolate.
- The mixture will look kind of grainy - that's ok.
- With your mixer on low, incorporate the eggs. As soon as they're just incorporated, start gradually turning your mixer to a faster setting, scraping the sides as you go.
- Beating it faster will fluff the whole thing up and it will become a wonderful, fluffy chocolate mousse.
- Pour the mousse over the brownies and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
French Silk Brownie Pie
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps