Wow. This Gingerbread Cake was awesome!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup boiling water
- Creamy Gingerbread Frosting (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda and cinnamon in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and molasses in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add eggs; beat well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with boiling water, beating on low speed after each addition until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.
- Fill and frost with Creamy Gingerbread Frosting. Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.
Creamy Gingerbread Frosting:
- Pour 1 cup milk into medium bowl.
- Add 1 package (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix, 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger and 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon .
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed.
Gingerbread Cake with Creamy Gingerbread Frosting
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps