My Husband loved this loaf! Made the savory recipe a few weeks ago. Am trying the sweet version today but am using the baker's cinnamon filling mix and raisins instead of pecans and cinnamon/sugar. An easy recipe with great results!
- 1 box King Arthur Flour Gluten-Free Bread Mix
cinnamon pecan filling:
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
sun-dried tomato and pesto filling:
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Prepare mix according to instructions on the box.
- Combine all ingredients in either of the filling recipes.
- After the bread batter's first 30 minute rise, stir it down and lightly grease an 8 1/2" X 4 1/2" or 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- Spread about 1 1/4 cups batter in the bottom of the pan and follow with 1/3 of the filling, taking care to leave a 1/2" border around the edges to ensure sealing.
- Repeat the layering process with two more layers and a final layer of bread batter on top so that there are three layers of filling and four of the bread mix.
- Leave the middle of the loaf domed in a traditional shape and smooth the surface gently with wet fingers.
- Cover the pan with greased plastic wrap, leaving room for expansion.
- Allow the bread to rise for 20 to 40 minutes, or until it's crowned about 1" above the rim of the pan.
- Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the plastic wrap. Bake the bread until it's golden brown and the internal temperature registers 200°F to 210°F (about 50 to 60 minutes).
- Remove the bread from the oven, and turn it out of the pan onto a rack to cool.
- Cool completely before slicing.
Gluten-Free filled Breads Sweet and Savory
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps