I've made this pie three times now, and it's always made a delicious pie.
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly.
- Cover with a lattice work crust.
- Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust.
- Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes.
Grandma Ople's Apple Pie
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps