I make this pancake yesterday, i love the texture and my husband love it.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
For the blueberry sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and a nonstick griddle to 350 degrees F.
- To make the blueberry sauce, combine the lemon juice and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and 2 tablespoons water.
- Stir in the lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Keep warm; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together the ricotta, oil, egg, egg whites, lemon juice and zest.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Lightly coat a griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Scoop 1/3 cup batter for each pancake and cook until bubbles appear on top and the underside is nicely browned, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook the pancakes on the other side, about 1-2 minutes longer; keep warm in oven.
- Serve immediately with blueberry sauce.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps