A perfect way to use ripe peaches! The sugar coating on the pan gave a nice crunch to the outside of the cake.
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter a 10 inch tube pan and coat with white sugar.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of flour for later, and sift together the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Use the reserved flour to coat the chopped peaches, then fold the floured peaches into the batter.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Peach Pound Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps