I made this cake and loved it, except I had to add an egg more to the cake mixture because the first time the cake came out to dry and cracked in many places…..
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 40 to 45 chocolate-covered miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 teaspoon Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 teaspoon Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar and peanut butter in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Mix into shortening mixture at low speed until just blended.
- Form rounded teaspoonfuls of dough around each peanut butter cup.
- Enclose entirely. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are just browned.
- Remove immediately to cooling rack.
- COMBINE shortening, chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave on MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute.
- Stir. Repeat until smooth.
- DIP cookie tops in
- Let stand until chocolate is set.
Peanut Butter Secrets
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps