My mom made these all the time, they are so good. I didn't know what they were called so I could never find the recipe. I can't wait to make them for my kids!!!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 14oz. can crushed pineapple
- 2 cups whipped cream (prepared from a small carton of whipping cream, Cool Whip, or Dream Whip)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and place rack in the centre of the oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup melted butter/margarine. Press the mixture into an 8x8" or 9x9" baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the 1/2 cup softened butter/margarine, icing sugar, egg, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread this mixture over the crust once it has completely cooled.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare your whipped cream of choice.
- If using a carton of whipping cream, beat the cream in a medium bowl until it is thick and stiff.
- You may want to add 2 Tbsp. of white sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla extract for sweetness and flavour. Drain the juice from the canned crushed pineapple.
- Mix the whipped cream and pineapple together and spread evenly over top of the cooled butter filling.
- Garnish the dessert with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
- Keep chilled and serve cold.
Pineapple Delight Dessert
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps