I love the combination of raspberry with anything buttery. It’s so intensely good. This cake takes that raspberry and practically sandwiches it between the butter and for that I have no words
- 2¼ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sour cream (I used regular)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese (I used light)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup homemade or store-bought raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, and butter with a pastry cutter or in a food processor to make a crumbly mixture.
- Reserve 1 cup of the crumbs for topping.
- Combine remaining crumbs with baking powder, baking soda, salt, sour cream, and 1 egg.
- Mix until mostly smooth.
- Spread in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1 egg until smooth.
- Pour over the batter in the pan and spread in an even layer.
- Spoon the jam over the cream cheese layer and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect. Sprinkle reserved crumbs on top.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Raspberry Cheese Coffee Cake
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps