This is a good base for rosemary chicken. It was delicious and tender but i also rubbed rosemary and a table spoon of butter underneath the skin, squeezed some lemon from a whole lemon on top, took the advice of another and stuffed as many lemon wedges (with the onion and rosemary) in the cavity as possible, and also stuffed some garlic in there.
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff with the onion and rosemary.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish or roasting dish.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of the bird.
Roast Chicken with Rosemary
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps