Yummy...I almost always use chicken thighs in the slow cooker when I make chicken dishes in there. I find breasts just get a weird texture once they are in there for awhile.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 2-3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 T. fresh minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Red pepper flakes
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Crock pot liners are also great!
- Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker.
- Mix together the sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper, and pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Frozen chicken will obviously need a longer cook time.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker it should basically fall apart and pour remaining sauce into a saucepan over high heat.
- Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well.
- Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
Slow Cooker Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps