The Chicken in the slow cooker turned out perfect!!
- 1 (3-4 pound) roasting chicken
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 oranges, quartered, divided
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 rosemary sprigs, more for garnish
- 1 head of garlic
- 3 orange slices
- In the bottom of slow cooker, add chicken broth, 4 orange quarters and onion.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together butter, orange zest, chopped rosemary, salt, pepper and marmalade.
- Pat chicken dry and liberally salt and pepper the cavity.
- Place remaining orange quarters, rosemary sprigs, and garlic inside the cavity.
- Using your fingers, loosen the skin from the meat.
- Place half of butter mixture underneath the skin.
- Rub remaining butter on the outside of the chicken.
- Place chicken on top of orange quarters and lay three orange slices on top of the bird.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until juices run clear.
Slow Cooker Orange Rosemary Chicken
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps