This Recipe is awesome, try and feel the taste.
- Butter, for baking dish
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pureed sweet potato
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 (1-pound, 4-ounce) loaves white bread, crusts removed
- Pecan Crumble, recipe follows
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup toasted and chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 13 by 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the milk, sugars, sweet potato puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium-high heat, just until the mixture begins to boil. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth and combined.
- Using a ladle, pour 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture in a slow, steady stream into the yolks, whisking constantly.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into the milk mixture. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it’s thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the custard and reserve.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with 1 layer of bread slices.
- Pour about 1/4 of the custard mixture over the bread. Repeat with remaining bread and custard, ending with custard.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle the bread pudding with the pecan crumble.
- Bake until the crumble mixture is golden and the custard is bubbly, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients, and mix with a hand mixer on low speed, until well combined.
Sweet Potato Bread Pudding with Pecan Crumble
4/ 5Oleh Arbuzs Corps